Sunday, January 29, 2012

Coomunication is the KEY


 

I choose the people to complete these surveys carefully and choose them from different context in which they know me. I thought it would be interesting to have my sixteen-year-old to participate in this assignment. To my surprise, he was consistent with most of my and my co-worker's scores. I agree with the results of all the surveys. I think I have good communication skills and strive to be an effective listener. With the exceptions of one evaluation, our conclusions were steady and matched reasonably closely.  I like the results of the evaluations; however, I still think there is room for improvement. Furthermore, I have experienced another co-worker becoming very upset with my viewpoint and attack my personal education philosophy instead of the viewpoint. The situation was unfortunate and uncomfortable, so I strive to be respectful of others opinions and outlooks.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I also think there is always room for improvement no matter what it is we do. But with family and co-workers completing the survey and both being similar just goes to show that you are consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conflict in a relationship is virtually inevitable. In itself, conflict isn’t a problem; how it’s handled, however, can bring people together or tear them apart.

    ReplyDelete