Sunday, January 8, 2012

Communication Within a Particular Context


I chose this picture to add to my blog because I think this is a great example of the consequences of poor communication. 

An example of a great communicator I had I experienced in my professional life is a person my company contracted out to assist with our NAEYC process. She implemented several forms of communication for our staff. For example, she set up a blog, created a NAEYC email address portal that allowed people to email multiple people, provided group and one-on-one training, set up go-to-meetings online, and made herself available by phone during certain office hours. In addition to her availability, she has the skills to communicate positively, rationally, and effectively.
She had compassion and the understanding for the NAEYC process. She understands the intense emotions that coupled the process. She is very supportive and has marvelous and creative ideas.
I am trying to model my communication skills and interpersonal skills after her because I had a positive professional experiences working with her.

2 comments:

  1. Going through a process like that, communication is so important. I like that you had several modes of communication during your process. Our Child Care Resource and Referral agency is going through an accreditation process and we rely heavily on email communication, and that can be difficult at times because of the delay and the lack of facial expressions. Do you find any similar issues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is a great example of poor communication. I enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete