Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Family Culture

In the event of evacuation, the three things I would take that I hold dear and represent my culture include my huge photo album, my mother's engagement ring, and my father's burial flag. I decided on the photo album because it holds MANY pictures of my family and family's traditions. This album holds many family memories and depicts our family's culture. I decided on my mother's engagement ring because it represents a love that lasted 30 years before my father's death in 2004. Not all cultures wear engagement rings and feel the ring is an example of a western culture. Lastly I decided on my father's burial flag because not only is it VERY dear to me but it represents how our culture shows respect for Veterans who served in our country. In addition, if someone would try to take any of these items I would be completely devastated and sad because these items mean so much to me.
I think I have decided on something of my mother's and something of my father's because they are whom I identify with. When my father passed away our family felt lost for some time because he was such a huge part of our family structure. He brought faith, strength and wisdom. My mother is responsible for many of my beliefs and morals because she is the one who taught them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment