Saturday, October 29, 2011

When I Think of Research...


What insights have you gained about research from taking this course?
I have learned to form a research question and set up a research plane as if I were the researcher. I discovered that there are standards in place to protect the participants and researcher.
In what ways have your ideas about the nature of doing research changed?
My attitude towards conducting research has changed by relieving some anxiety towards research because I have learned how to evaluate resources I find. I also learned how researchers conduct their research and the hard work and time the put in.
What lessons about planning, designing, and conducting research in early childhood did you learn?
I learned that you have to make a plan, perform prerequisite  research, decide on participants, collect gather and analyze data. Researcher also need to receive parental consent before conducting any research.

  

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth,
    This class also relieved quite a bit of anxiety for me as well! It was probably one of the best things about the class - by breaking down the components it makes the idea of completing research less overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth
    I am glad you were honest about your anxiety toward research. I was anxious too. After this eight week course, I am more confident in my ability to review research studies and design research studies. I am also excited about the knowledge I gained on designing studies which deliver equitable outcomes. We can make a difference for children through our work! Take care and hopefully we will meet in another class.

    ReplyDelete