Saturday, May 14, 2011

Relationship Reflection

Relationships are important to me because they offer a support and a foundation for a particular situation. Having someone to lean on can make even the bitterest of life's blows tolerable and the happiest just that more wonderful.  In addition, there is strong evidence that healthy relationships correlate strongly with people’s health and well-being. Conversely the health risks from being alone or isolated in one’s life are comparable in magnitude to the risks associated with cigarette smoking, blood pressure, and obesity. Clearly one important way to take care of yourself is to take care of your relationships.
There are many types of relationship that affect people in different ways.  The strongest and dearest relationships in my life are to God, my husband, my children, my mother and siblings, a few close friends, and my dog.
The relationship I have with God offers hope, calmness and a sense of being. The relationship I have with my husband offers true love, happiness, respect and passion.  The relationship I have with my children offers unconditional and pure love, respect, happiness, pride, and an emotion of being a mother in which I cannot explain.  Mine and my mother’s relationship provides love, security, and comfort.  The relationship I have with my siblings is fun-loving and brings a sense of belonging. The relationship I have with my friends offers support, a shoulder to lean on, and fun. Finally the relationship I have with my dog offers goofy love that only a dog can provide.
http://www.thenewmedicine.org/health_planner_info/relationships/understanding_relationships_are_important



3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth,

    Thank you so much for sharing! I really enjoyed looking at your pictures and reading about the people who are important to you. You said, "Having someone to lean on can make even the bitterest of life's blows tolerable and the happiest just that more wonderful." And I could not agree more with you, this is so true! I look forward to getting to know you more!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog the part that touched me is how you view your relationship and knowing without God not any of these relationships would be possible thanks for sharing and I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth-
    Thank you for sharing some of your relationships. I admire your words of wisdom about how relationships affect physical health and agree completely. People need to be and feel connected with others. It appears that you have some solid connections with several people in your life. Your pictures are amazing!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete