Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Course Resources:

Additional Resources:

http://www.ncprek.nc.gov/Foundations/index.asp

This web link provides preschool teachers, educators and administrators with the Early Learning Standards set forth by North Carolina's Department of instruction.
http://www.infed.org/thinkers/gardner.htm

This web link provides information about Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences and education. I strongly agree with his research and theory and feel that early childhood educators will benefit from studying his work.

This web link provides users with information about Head Start performance standards.

EDUC 6005 Resources:

Part 1: Position Statements and Influential Practices
Part 2: Global Support for Children’s Rights and Well-Being
Part 3: Selected Early Childhood Organizations

3 comments:

  1. I like how your first resource is specific to your state and how all three are on different topics. I also believe in Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences. When creating lesson plans, activities and the curriculum I feel his 8 intelligences should be woven in to reach every child even more in-depth then they already are. Its amazing how much is involved in the growth, development, education and protection of children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The North Carolina information was very interesting. I think I am now realizing after reading so many resources provided in Early Childhood Programs, that so many of them are funded through state and federal dollars. I notice also, the fact sheets are to answer questions that a family may have about the program. Lastly, what I realized it is so helpful to have all of this own the internet for a family to view and answer questions they make have. There are so many links to take you from one to another links offering more information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the link on Gardner's Multiple Intelligences! This is an area so studied in Education and it has a great impact on understanding the student! Having the ease of access to this information for others in their research will be very benefical. How funny MoonMonkie525 commented briefly on the same thing! Great minds think alike. But, I know doing some of my graduate work I dived into his studies and helped apply it greatly to lesson plans and figuring out the students!

    ReplyDelete